Applications using Grand Central Dispatch and OpenCL

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by micm, Jul 4, 2010.

1. micm macrumors newbie

Hello folks,

When Snow Leopard came out last year, Apple made marketing out of the fact of having no new features. Arstechnica wrote a splendid review praising the potential of the two new core technologies it brought, and the perspective performance improvements coming from them.

The "radically new development paradigm" was promising for a slower deployment, but I though it would have been compensated by the advantages in speed and code maintainability.

So I've been periodically sampling the Internet for news on either technology. I expected lists of applications employing them, or some visibility on existing apps directories (like "GCD" or "OCL" tags). In lack of these I then resorted to expecting some random block posts from developers, but even of this I find very little.

The most material you find from Robert Watson, concerning applications at the FreeBSD project!

So what happened to these technologies under the Mac? Did they pass ignored by Mac Developers? If so, why? If not, why do they not reflect publicly the same excitement that the competent Ars masters showed?

cheers
    michele

2. Lokrado macrumors regular