Applications Won't Run, Macbook Very Slow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicolebulos, Oct 17, 2008.

1. nicolebulos macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Since a few days ago my computer is suddenly very slow. Programs will take too long to open or will bounce in the dock but then stay closed. Whenever I open a program where you can write (safari, word etc) the typing cursor takes a long time to appear and if I typed something in I have to wait a while for it to show. I've had to restart twice for things to work "normally". Also, if I double click a folder, it takes around 3 to 4 seconds to open. If I move a window too fast or switch windows, the screen will look like the tv gets when there is no signal (static) for like a second (the transition is faulty).

My macbook is new, it has a 2.4 intel core 2 duo processor, 4 GB/667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and 166.49 GB still available.

I tried the activity monitor thing to see if an app was taking up too much, but all seems normal there. Help please! :confused:

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Try repairing permissions thru Disk Utility, then do a restart.

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

What did you do "a few days ago"? Install any new programs? Hardware changes? Network changes?

5. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

how much hard disk space is left? you need AT LEAST 10%. i had had same problems in the past and thats what it was.