Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
Received and applied my dbrand skin today. I ordered a matte back and rails, a three piece set. Was a bit of a pain to install but went well enough…other than the gaps where the top and bottom rail pieces meet. I’ve applied quite a few skins and I’m not sure where the fault lies, but I have contacted the company and can update this post if anyone is interested. Dbrand also includes a ’precision’ fit—wherein the back and rails are one solid piece—which I have not tried. That one is more difficult to apply, and of course is a solid color (in this case, black). I really want the panda look with the two colors, so I even if I managed to get that one it wouldn’t be ideal. As usual with their stuff the quality is otherwise very good. I have a couple of ultra this cases waiting in the wings if this skin doesn’t work out for whatever reason ?
5B6A131D-80B0-4568-80C9-628AF9C2A200.jpeg
CE6BE649-E96E-461C-88D4-1960FA3A6DE7.jpeg
8A81BA2B-35BD-475E-8FE6-F0966802CB43.jpeg
9D4A6A2B-A89F-44BE-BB8F-5E37ED0FE79A.jpeg
2778D525-8BAB-4CB2-8B0B-2EEE5C174C93.jpeg

Reactions: WNYX

Ah0ck

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2021
Nice. I am waiting for my Xtremeskins. Usually I get from dbrand but seeing they revised the skin to cover the camera bump curve from the IP12 onwards, I get from Xtremeskins instead.

rjalex

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Rome, Italy
Wow guys very very nice
Also visited the Xtremeskins site and am sooooo undecided as to which colour to select for my blue 13 Pro Max ;)

One question though. How much would these skin interfere with the Magsafe magnets? I've bought a Spigen magsafe charger for the car and it does hold on the very bumpy roads I drive trough with my naked phone but I'd fear losing grip.

Reactions: EastHillWill

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
Wow guys very very nice
Also visited the Xtremeskins site and am sooooo undecided as to which colour to select for my blue 13 Pro Max ;)

One question though. How much would these skin interfere with the Magsafe magnets? I've bought a Spigen magsafe charger for the car and it does hold on the very bumpy roads I drive trough with my naked phone but I'd fear losing grip.
I have a Belkin MagSafe car mount that worked well even with a thin, non-magnetic case. I’ve used it with this skin a couple times now and works great. Wouldn’t worry about it ? You’re right, color and texture are the hardest choices!

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
Nice. I am waiting for my Xtremeskins. Usually I get from dbrand but seeing they revised the skin to cover the camera bump curve from the IP12 onwards, I get from Xtremeskins instead.
I also think that was a mistake on dbrand’s part. It’s nearly impossible to align the camera area. I’m also not sure what the rationale is. So the edges of the camera bump don’t get scratched? Thanks?

Reactions: Ah0ck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.