Apply theme only to Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jinkst, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Jinkst

Does anyone know an app or tweak that allows a Winterboard theme to be applied ONLY to the Springboard. Ie when I enter an app it appears as Apple intended.

I've got a good theme but I don't like certain things about it when an app is open. I know it can be done as I've had it before on my old 3G but cant for the life of me find anything current.

I installed Winterboard Settings from the Xsellize repo but it just created a blank menu in settings app.

Thanks.

2. ignus graius macrumors regular

Do you have iFile? When I want to accomplish what you're trying to do I just go into the theme's folder and delete everything that I don't want to change.

3. Jinkst thread starter macrumors 6502

Jinkst

Nah I don't. I was looking for an easier method. I've found a few packages in Cydia through Google that do it, but the repo's don't seem to have them anymore or the packages don't work. It's annoying. I really like the Springboard theme but I just want normal menus simply!

4. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Just SSH if you don't have iFile.

5. Jinkst thread starter macrumors 6502

Jinkst

I can get iFile or SSH, but I know there is an app/tweak that adds a "Springboard Only" toggle to the settings in Winterboard. That's what I'm after essentially.

6. mrtatertot macrumors newbie

I don't have Winterboard installed, but I presume that it is uses Mobile Substrate to operate. If this is the case, then you can add or modify a file located at /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries on your phone.

First, using an SFTP program or similar, go to that directory and search for a file called Winterboard.plist. It might not be named that, but it should be something close. If that exists, transfer it to your computer and try to open it with a plain text editor. If you can, then replace whatever is inside with

Filter = {Bundles = ("com.apple.springboard");};

Then save it and re-upload it to your phone. This should cause Winterboard to only run on SpringBoard.

If you can't view the file, then it is probably in binary instead of XML format. Then the easiest thing to do is just to create a new file containing the above line and replace the existing .plist file with the new one. Also if there is a .dylib file but no .plist file, you should create a new file with the same name as the Winterboard .dylib file, but with the .plist extension.

Good luck.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

dowload iFile in cydia its free, once you download go into the the app and it will be like windows explorer, got to var/stash/themes

in here you will see all you themes go into the folder for the theme you want to change, delete the folders you dont want to change, ie all the app modifications are found in the folder "Bundles"