Apply to possibly address Antenna Issue Monday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cfairbank, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Just saw this article on appleinsider about the iphone 4 antenna issue. Suggests apple may address problem with software update possibly as early as monday.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/25/death_grip_hysteria_may_end_monday_with_ios_4_01.html

"Readers report that Apple's tech support forums originally confirmed that a iOS 4.0.1 software fix addressing the issue would ship early next week (as early as Monday), before the comments were subsequently taken down along with all the other related discussion about the matter.

The fix is expected to address a issue in iOS 4 related to radio frequency calibration of the baseband. Readers who saw the original forum discussions say that the issue is believed to occur when switching frequencies; because the lag is allegedly not calibrated correctly, it results in the device reporting "no service" rather than switching to the frequency with the best signal to noise ratio."

2. Ultrakla$$ic macrumors member

The patch is already out! You just hold it upside down, backwards behind your back, stand on one leg, hop up and down, and spin in a circle violently.

Works everytime according to Steve.:D

3. cfairbank thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet, that wasn't so bad. Fix was easier than I thought.:)

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I hold mine with the force. No problems at all.

5. ignign0kt macrumors member

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

You just use this to hold the phone and you're good to go. Works for me.

[​IMG]