Applying own Invisible Shield by Zagg

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacJohnson, Jan 29, 2011.

1. MacJohnson macrumors regular

MacJohnson

What are some of the easiest ways to apply this to the iPhone 4. Is iKlear a good substance to use? Thank You!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Yeah it comes with the solution. I installed mine myself and I didn't find it that difficult. Personally, I think the key to a nice install is letting the phone sit for 24 hours after the install. It lets the shield dry nicely on the phone.

4. Buly34 macrumors newbie

Personal Experience Tips.

I put one of these on my ipod a little while ago. The best thing to do is let the people who sold it to you install it. Its like $10 more but they do a NICE job. If you are doing it your self, it should come with some tools. The adhesive Spray, Squeegee, Screen Protector, etc. Make sure there is no dust in the air when you do this, or it will get under the screen and be a HUGE pain. One way to make sure this doesn't happen is to do it in the bathroom. Turn the shower on hot and steam up the room to get the dust out of the air. Hope this helps. Also be sure to not get the fluid in the speaker piece on the iphone's screen. :)

5. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yep, that's what I do every time, works wonders.

6. MacJohnson thread starter macrumors regular

MacJohnson

I just got the protectors. I bought them at the Mall of America from the Zagg booth. I got then for the Verizon iPhone so when I get them right away I can put them on...The guy just told me to use watered down soapy water and use a CC for my squeegee. Also since the ip4 is flat he said it should not be a problem at all. (I do have experience with lettering (vinyl) cars and what not). Just wanted to see what some fellow MR users did.

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I like the Invisible Shield for the back of the iPhone 4, but I prefer the Power Support clear screen protectors for the front.

I've got a supply of both, new in package, waiting for my Verizon iPhone to come... I'll hand my AT&T iPhone 4 over to my wife to replace her 3GS.

8. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Tip: don't spray too much solution. A thin layer of "mist" covering the shield is optimal.

9. MacJohnson thread starter macrumors regular

MacJohnson

Would iKlear work better then the recommend watered down soap solution?

10. Buly34 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't use anything with soap, may cause visibility issues under the screen protector. Use whatever they give you, it will work just fine :)

11. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I agree. The solution that comes with the shield works great.

12. MacJohnson thread starter macrumors regular

MacJohnson

All I got from the Mall Kiosk was the shields nothing else. That is why I am asking what is the best method