Applying screen shield with water?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cod3rror, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Have you tried applying a screen shield like SGP or Powersupport with water?

It should make it much easier to align and also eliminate all the bubbles or dust, InvisibleShield is applied with water, why shouldn't a normal one work?... Still it's better to ask though.

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

I have definitely heard of people using water for dry application screen shields. I have never done it myself as I seem to get them on perfect each time :confused: Not sure how though!

3. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I did it on both my iPhone and iPad screen protectors. Helped them go on nicely. No bubbles on iPhone, but the iPad one had a couple. fixed them right up with the scotch tape trick.

4. LaCosta macrumors member

I prefer the wet apply method myself. Allows me to slip it around for better alignment. Avoids fingerprints (trick is to wet not only the guard...but your fingers). And no bubbles.

5. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I watched the Ghost Armor guy apply that shield wet at the mall, and definitely thought that was easy and a nice way to go since you can slide it around. But the dry shields are really easy to apply as long as you are patient and careful. So I am not sure it is worth the drying time etc...

6. bestace macrumors member

yeah! wet does leave a nicer finish. the bubbles are especially annoying when you apply dry.

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I don't see how applying them wet eliminates dust. If there's dust on the screen when you apply a wet shield, the dust is still going to be there once the shield dries. I agree it's easier to move the shield around when it's wet but you do have to be careful that it's not too wet or you could damage your phone.