Appointment For New iPhone - But Cracked...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itommyboy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

I'm heading almost 2 hours South tomorrow for an appointment at my closest mothersh:apple:p to get a new/refurb iPhone 3GS 32 GB swap. Mine has lost battery like crazy and the home screen button needs to be pressed with immense force for it to contact. Of course I called and she said head down there and get a new one ( Applecare )but here is my predicament...There is a very minor crack at the lower right hand corner of my phone from like day 3 after I bought it (launch day sucker here 3 times now). It's been working fine all this time with that small blemish. Of course when the rep asked me on the phone the questions they have to ask I answered "no" to any cracks in the screen.

Now I'm hoping it's like many Apple Store exchanges and is "up to the employee" and that I get a cool one and they swap me out no problems. Maybe they will see my business account and the numerous Apple products I have purchased over the years and give me the good loyal long time customer help. Or am I dead in the water with any sort of crack no matter how small...what do you guys think?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

just explain to them that theres no way in hell, a crack on the screen would the battery to drain really fast. you need to convince them, but i think they will cover it anyway...since they understand a battery problem doesnt happen cause of a crack in the screen. also tell them that the battery is protected by a whole bunch of metal, a plastic backing, and 3 layers of screen related things. the glass, digitizer, and lcd. hopefully that will convince them.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I can't understand a damn word you're saying...

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

I am seeing your future.... I see a refurb iPhone.... but you lose something too..... Yes I see it clearly now, it's, it's, it's $199.00.

5. itommyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

I hope you're 8 ball is wrong but just in case it's not I've gone and made a day/night trip with the wife out of this run to my Apple store. This store is located in a cool outside style mall with some nice restaurants and shops and bars around so we're heading down for a day and night of r & r on top of trying to get my 3 GS swapped. In short it won't be a complete wasted day if they give me the by the book vinegar approach and I can at least get drunk after I get the shaft. ;) I'll post back later and relay my outcome.

6. itommyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Try learning English and re-apply. Thank you.

7. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

+1

HUH ?

So in otherwords you lied

8. itommyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

More useless and witless banter from Shenaniganz...another e-knight who uses "+1" geek speak. You guys who throw around post rating posts realize that is code for being a virgin do you not? :eek:

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Huh?

Anyway, I doubt you'll get a refurb w/o paying $199.

10. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Because they do screen replacement, maybe then can get you a new iPhone, and put the old cracked screen on the replacement. Highly unlikely though.

11. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Any update for us? Were you sucessful in getting an exchange or not?

AnDy