Appointment needed to try a demo watch with full software?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by squidcommander, Apr 10, 2015.

1. squidcommander macrumors member

Do you need an appointment to try the watches on display that have the full software? I understand the try on ones are in a demo loop. Do all stores have some watches with the full software? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

2. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I only went to one store. The try-one ones are in cases, but the full-software ones were open along the side. Pretty fun to play with them, and no time limit (the try-on time is limited)

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

The try on watch has a demo loop, on the sides of the store there are watches with a demo version of watch OS. I spent a lot of time with that.

4. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Sorry, are you saying you were able to interact with the Watch OS, not demo mode? I thought people had reported all the watches were in demo mode, period.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The watch you try on is in demo mode. On the table next to it is a fully functional watch that is on a permanent fixture. There is a small display next to it to describe the features your accessing on this display.

6. squidcommander thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, so it sounds like having an appointment doesn't help give you time with the full demo? (which I understand you can't wear)

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

exactly. But when I went in today, there was no line anyway, so I got to try on one watch and then see the full demos, which are, as you mentioned, locked down to the table.

8. squidcommander thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man!

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

alongside the wall of the store there were watches you could play with (but not try on). i spent a good twenty minutes with one just getting familiar with the software.