Appreciate Verizon Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EW800, Sep 12, 2014.

  1. EW800 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2012
    #1
    Hi All,

    I wanted to order the 6+ directly from Apple, but after a couple of hours of the Apple Store webpage not opening up last night, I went ahead and ordered through Verizon, using my available upgrade. Regretfully, as of now I have a receive date showing as 10/7. :(

    If I show up at a Verizon Store or Apple Store the morning of the 19th, if they have the 6+ that I am looking for, would I be able to purchase it via the upgrade, or would that be impossible with the current Verizon order in process?

    Thanks so much!
     
  2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #2
    your current order is using the upgrade even though it hasn't yet shipped, so you won't be able to purchase another at the store next week at the subsidized price. you'd have to cancel first.
     
  3. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2012
    #3
    Thanks! I thought that might be the case. Do you know if I could cancel now and be able to use the upgrade by then?

    I guess I would be taking a risk - don't know for sure when the current order will ship and don't know for sure what the 6+ supplies will be like in the stores.
     
  4. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2014
    #4
    Just stick with the 10/7.

    If you cancel you'll get it mid to late October at best.

    Also, I think the chances are against anyone trying to get an iPhone 6 Plus from the a store.
     
  5. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2012
    #5
    I was thinking that is good advice. Thank you. 10/7 (assuming it holds) is not all that bad. :) It will be interesting to see what 6+ availability is like on release day.

    Thank you!
     

Share This Page