Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I know most of these apps are "gimmicky" and often times simply slow down the system rather than add any true benefits.

The idea of having one central app to check and manage all my OS X (Native & 3rd Party) applications seems nice.

What do you think about this app? Any thoughts are welcome :)

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
I've used that app a few years ago, but discovered that it would sometimes provide inaccurate information. Some applications like Adobe would display updates to new release of the app instead of the patches, so use it at your own risk. There's also the MacUpdate.com app that offers the same service, though I've not used it much.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I've used that app a few years ago, but discovered that it would sometimes provide inaccurate information. Some applications like Adobe would display updates to new release of the app instead of the patches, so use it at your own risk. There's also the MacUpdate.com app that offers the same service, though I've not used it much.

Yeah maybe I'll just be safe and keep updating things manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.