Apprehension gone!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Touchy macrumors regular

While waiting for my 2G iPod Touch to arrive I looked at the posts of the troubles people were having. This freaked me out and I didn't dare open or try the new one until about 12 hrs after it arrived. The previous 1G 16gb one I had would not play "protected AAC" music files from iTunes. I am happy and relieved to say this new one works perfectly so far. I "re-synced" it from iTunes where the data from the old installation was still preserved. It plays the "protected" files perfectly and I haven't found any problems so far. I am pleased. Likewise, all the other functions seem fine so far. I maybe having trouble connecting to an unlocked WiFi connection (one that was previously always available). Again I don't know if it is the iPod WiFi function that is a problem or if the server was indeed not on and thus not detected. I didn't have any trouble connecting to my wireless network here at home. Will have to test further.

I do have (2) questions:
    a) how or can you advance further along into a song when it is playing (ie to a different part of the song
    b) how can you go back into a word you are typing to correct a mistake without deleting all the characters back to the point on correction?
    I don't think of these a "flaws" but would like to be able to do them.
    Any suggestions?

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

a) When you're playing the song, tap the screen. A slider should appear at the top, along with your shuffle, repeat, and Genius. Click the slider and drag to the time you want to listen to.

b) With one finger, press and hold down for a second on the text. A magnifying glass will appear. Drag your finger to the point you wish to edit.

3. BoabSmith macrumors newbie

a) how or can you advance further along into a song when it is playing (ie to a different part of the song

Touch the album cover and it will bring up the timeline

b) how can you go back into a word you are typing to correct a mistake without deleting all the characters back to the point on correction?

If you keep your finger on where you want to make a change it will bring up a magnifying glass, move that to desired point.

4. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

Many thanks for the advice which has made the use of the iPod even more enjoyable.