approaching iphone 4!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lady.j, Mar 7, 2011.

1. lady.j macrumors newbie

lady.j

hi guys!
    I am new to Iphone and i'll be receiving my first iphone 4 on April this year and too excited to have it. I am preparing some things on the computer and information what i should have.. can you suggest anything for a newb? what i should do the first step and things that i need to have?

thank you for the help i'd appreciate it ALOT!! :rolleyes:

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Get iTunes..latest software...be prepared to set it up as new iPhone. YEEE lol

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

After getting iTunes, start perusing the app store. You can buy your apps now and when the phone comes, you can sync them.

Also look for a good case that protects the back. I've read many threads here about how scratches seem to crop up on the rear of the phone.

Personally, I'm a proponent for a screen protector. I use ghost armor and found that at times they've saved my bacon.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

First congrats, you are going to be getting a great phone!

Next, I agree with the others. Download the latest iTunes and look through the apps.

NOTE: There is a special section in these forums for iPhone Apps that will get you up to speed and let you know which are the best. Buy what you want but take you time and enjoy. Anything you buy will be installed when you plug your phone into iTunes for the first time.

Case is a good idea, there is another section that talks about iPhone accessories that will help!

Enjoy and keep us posted!

5. lady.j, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

lady.j thread starter macrumors newbie

lady.j

for accesories:

i bought the switcheasy nude clear for the case since i like to see the back and no added bulk on the phone and im planning to get ,switcheasy vulcan white and neo hybrid ex series but still confused on which color to buy. and also i prepared myself the screen protection both back and front from OZAKI mirror shield be able use it for retouching (you know ladies and their toys ^.^) and last but not the least the pouch that i would be buying i'm not sure what type of pouch that i need so far ill have to decide.

for application:

yes i have done the downloading of itunes im already using ipod shuffle and also i asked my supplier to jailbreak the phone for me and she agrees. anything to add? i'm also trying to get more info about the cydia application. any application you guys might want to share?

6. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Wait..the iPhone 5 will be coming in June. Why are you getting an iPhone 4? Or is it a gift?

Anyway, you just need iTunes and search Google on how you can make the most out of iOS.

7. lady.j thread starter macrumors newbie

lady.j

the iphone 5 would be expensive when it goes out to the market i'll be fine with iphone 4 as long as its white LOL ^^

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not any more expensive than a new 4 right now...

9. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed, and moreover they aren't releasing a white iPhone 4.
    So my suggestion is to hold up on the purchase for just 3 months, and you won't be disappointed because i bet they will be releasing a white iPhone 5.

10. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

SGP has the best screen protectors. In fact, they're so good that I use my iPhone naked without worrying! No orange peel or yellow screen, either, just quality protectors.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It wouldn't hurt to purchase iTunes Cards to beef up your iTunes account for apps, music, books, tv shows, movies, docks, cases, and everything else. I just switched out my iPhone 4 purchased online and received it two days before the release date, due to it crashing everyday for the past two weeks (glitch b/c my wife's iPhone 4 is perfect; it was still like buying that first iPhone in 2007). Since you're buying in April, go to the Apple Store for that brand new out of the package experience. As other posters have said "update iTunes" to the most current version. Be careful buying any accessories, and make sure they say iPhone 4 compatible...Have fun! :cool:

12. lady.j thread starter macrumors newbie

lady.j

i'll ask the SGP authorized dealer in my country if they have this item cause i already ordered the SGP neo hybrid ex series white ex and extra frames of champagne gold and silver.

13. lady.j thread starter macrumors newbie

lady.j

i already placed my order last month XD there's no turning back for me now i couldn't pull back my order i think ill be fine with the 4.