Appropriate keyboard model to sell with Mac IIsi?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Maclueless.0, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Maclueless.0 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm planning on selling a Mac IIsi on Ebay soon and was wondering which keyboard and mouse are appropriate to pair with it. I have 2 different models to choose from: Apple Keyboard (M0116) or Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501). Both mice are Desktop Bus mice (G5431), except one has a gray ball and one has black ball. Whichever models are left over, I'll pair with the Power PCs. I'm not sure if these details really matter to the buyer, so I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The mouse with the gray ball is the older model.

The keyboards are the same age, and both of the same era as the IIsi. (Keyboard was a purchase-time decision, so the IIsi could have come with either.)

3. Maclueless.0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. So basically, there's no preference?

4. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

The PowerMac x100's were introduced in March 1994

The IIsi was introduced in October 1990 and terminated in March 1993

It doesn't really matter, and since both mice & keyboards were around in 1990, it doesn't matter to the IIsi.

However, I'm not sure the older "Apple Keyboard" would still have been available in 1994. In fact, the Extended Keyboard II was first sold with the release of the IIsi.

As for the mice, same design but two different manufacturers. The S/n prefix "AP" is an Alps mouse IIRC, and the "LT" prefix is a Logitech mouse. the one with the grey ball (weighted) probably functions better, and Apple eventually dropped Alps as a mouse & keyboard supplier.

All up, none of the 4 devices were actually manufactured in 1994 (going by their serial numbers). The "Apple Keyboard" predates Apple's 11 character serial number. They began making those in 1987.

Confused? Me too. Preference? Put the Extended with the PowerMacs.

5. Maclueless.0 thread starter macrumors newbie