Approx 5 week wait for UK Finance buyers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rssfed23, Jul 20, 2010.

1. rssfed23 macrumors member

Hi there

Bit of a bad experience buying my first ever iMac!

I didn't really want to wait for the refresh (im very inpatient!), so went ahead and brought a iMac 227" i7 on the 12th.

I chose to get it on finance, and had all my paperwork returned by the 13th.

Since then, the order has stayed as "under review" on the apple tracking site.

I had a email from the sales rep yesterday, as had heard nothing from either Barclays or Apple since returning the documents so emailed them, and they said that they are waiting for apple to authorise it and then it would be dispatched, so I thought "okay not too long then"

I was wrong...

When I called in the evening to clarify exactly what they meant, the rep said that Barclays had moved to a new building in Cardiff, and due to this they have a backlog which they reckon will take about 5 to 6 weeks to clear before apple will get the money!

I am shocked at this kind of delay, and not entirely sure where I stand.

Fingers crossed that the rep in the call was wrong...

Has anyone else had any recent experiences similar to this on Finance? - or know what to expect at all?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I haven't seen any threads posted here about the delay, that of course doesn't mean its happening. I can understand how frustrating it will be if this is the case. Perhaps give them a call tomorrow and speak to a different sales rep, see if you get a different response.

3. rssfed23 thread starter macrumors member

Yer I checked on Friday, and the status had changed to "processing - not yet shipped" so luckily the previous rep I spoke to was wrong.

Its estimating now though a 20 day delivery time - guess as I got a custom build one got to come from china :)