Price Advice Approx how much will my MBP Oct 2011 i7 2.2 be worth after a refresh?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hamzab, Mar 21, 2012.

1. hamzab macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Bit of a weird question.

Can any of you hazard a guess as to how much my MacBook Pro i7 2.2 (stock config) late 2011 be worth on eBay after a potential refresh. Mines pretty much Brand new, 0 battery cycles, still in it's plastic sheet. They are currently selling at around £1000 - £1100 on eBay based on condition. Mine is pretty much Brand New.

I'm considering selling as it's so close to an update but I'm not sure if an update really is on April 8th as I be needing a MacBook Pro extensively after April 20th due to exams/revision. I'm also apprehensive as to how much they might "slim down" the new MBP, I still want a discrete GPU etc and would be left in a precarious situation if I find that the new MBP's do not have discrete GPU's due to their newfound diet plan.

Thanks for reading

:apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.