Approx Life Before iP4 Home Button Quits?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zenio, Mar 11, 2011.

1. zenio, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

zenio macrumors 6502

The home button on my AT&T (bought on release day) iPhone 4 does not always respond to input. Sometimes it takes two or three very deliberate pushes before it responds.

I don't want a replacement, as long as it doesn't fail to respond completely.

I can tolerate it, while I wait to buy the upcoming AT&T iPhone 5 no matter how long I must wait.

Your thoughts please.

Thank you.

EDIT: Mods, sorry about duplicate post :)

2. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

this seems to be quite a common problem since the iOS 4.1 update there are quite a few people who have experienced the same problem, myself included. I guess it must be OS related.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What do you people do with your home buttons? I've been using mine everyday since launch and have had no problems with it.

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I wonder if it's not that the button is now required to do double duty with all the double-clicking now...

5. zenio thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point !

However in my case I feel that my double clicking is not excessive & much like any other button it should not shorten it's lifespan dramatically. About the only way that might occur would be if it was a substandard part.

6. ZappBrannigan macrumors newbie

button hell

My button also works sporadically. I'm pretty sure it is a software issue and not a mechanical one. I'm thinking about taking it in, but I'm afraid that they will not be able to reproduce the failure. Like I said it seems random.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. No problems with mine.

8. zenio thread starter macrumors 6502

Perhaps your clairvoyance requires troubleshooting.

9. John88 macrumors member

I have an iPod Touch and the home button was going whacko for like a 1 1/2 months. One day it would be completely unresponsive, to working half the time, to working good for a couple hours then go bad again. It was really frustrating, as my warranty expired 2 weeks before it occurred. But now it's been perfect for a few months now.

Maybe just wait it out? I'd still take it into the :apple: store and exchange it though.

I recently swapped my new Verizon iPhone. The replacement is awesome, though it took two exchanges to be satisfied.

10. jacollins macrumors 6502a