Apps and Settings gone

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ziriguidum, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ziriguidum macrumors newbie

Hello, I ' ve bought a MAC a week ago and I`ve been through a strange issue here:

All my settings and apps are gone. It feels like it has been formatted, though I have all my downloaded files in the download folder.

What's going on?

Obs: I've been out for a couple of days and my teenager sisters have been using the computder. I hope they didn't mess it up.

Thanks!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Are you still logged in to your user account or are you in her account/a guest account?

3. ziriguidum thread starter macrumors newbie

as far as I know there is just one registered account in this computer, which is mine.

i`m very annoyed cause i had installed a lot of apps ,and theyre just gone. interstingly, the wallpaper i had set is still there.

i really wouldnt like to do this all over again, and imagine that I would have to do it once again and then again - no not possible.

I want to understand what is going on.

It sounds really stupid. I feel like a monkey in front of this computer , I `ve been using a PC for 15 years and I can handle it very well.

thanks a lot in advance!!!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It may be possible that she deleted all your apps (stupid, but possible). You can check the account(s) by going to System Preferences-->Users and see what's listed on the left hand side. If it's only your account, sorry dude. If there's a guest account listed, you can see if that's the one you're logged in to, and try getting back to your main account on the reboot.

This is why Time Machine backups are nice to do!!!