Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jiholl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Hi

I have a late 2013 15 inch Macbook pro...running 10.14.1 (though I noticed this in recent prior OS as well).

The issue is random, but when I close the laptop lid, so that it sleeps....sometimes, a minute or two later I hear a video playing...like a Youtube video for example. The laptop lid is closed and I think its a sleep, but the sound is playing????

Also, when I open the lid in the am, sometimes (its random) there are apps launched or links clicked ...ie. other screens are open then the ones I had it on when I closed the lid and put it to sleep????

So odd.

Any thoughts? Thanks

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
Do you have an external display attached?

Be sure nothing is connected to USB to be sure that is not triggering a wake sequence incorrectly. You might also do an SMC reset, as that controls sleep as well as few other core functions not OS driven.

jiholl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Do you have an external display attached?

Be sure nothing is connected to USB to be sure that is not triggering a wake sequence incorrectly. You might also do an SMC reset, as that controls sleep as well as few other core functions not OS driven.
No monitor attached. Its so odd....its as if something is randomly moving and clicking the trackpad and accidentally launching things. hmmmmm

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
Sleep issues can be tricky. You might try running in Safe Mode, and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Might also look at the console log after it has happened to see what errors and other clues there are...to see if there are any unexpected processes or app running.

A swollen battery can interfere with the track pad functioning correctly, but don't think I have every heard of it being related to sleep, or starting processes and clicking randomly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.