Apps are gone after sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xWhiplash, Apr 27, 2010.

1. xWhiplash macrumors 65816

I just had to reinstall OS X on my mac and I did a sync of my iPhone. When it tried to sync the apps, it said some apps could not be transferred because I was not authorized to play them. So I went back and authorized my computer to my account. Now the apps are not on the phone or ANYWHERE on my computer. Do I need to buy them again?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, they're free. Next time deauthorize and authorize and then transfer purchases.

3. xWhiplash thread starter macrumors 65816

I didnt think you needed authorization to simply transfer. And if you did, I didnt think it would delete from the phone without backing up. Pretty stupid.

How do I get them back then?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I told you to de-authorize and authorize, because you got that message. It was apparent that you reauthorized. Normally, you can just transfer purchases without all that.

You'll need to go through your iTunes to see what you've purchased by looking at the history (I've never had to do this, but it's in your account somewhere). You'll have to re-download them one-by-one. Otherwise, you can do it by memory.

5. xWhiplash thread starter macrumors 65816

I only bought three apps, so I know what I am missing. How do I download them again? When I go to the page, it wants me to buy it again. I dont see a re-download option.