Apps available on iphone but not on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by addictzz, Oct 22, 2014.

1. addictzz macrumors 6502

What are the apps that are available/optimised on iPhone but not on iPad? I am planning to migrate from iPhone to iPad as my main device.

So far I know:
    - Whatsapp (I know you can install it on iPad but it's not designed to do so officially)
    - Instagram

What else?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

What do you use on the iPhone to begin with? There's lots of apps not optimized for the iPad.

3. addictzz thread starter macrumors 6502

A lot. Browsing, social media, basic functionality (call&SMS, calculator, calendar, alarm, converter, flashlight, etc.), games, note-writing, music listening, chat.

I also heard that calculator is not on iPad. What are actually apps that are not available on iPad?

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Tell us what apps EXACTLY you use. This might be a PITA to do, but it will help us help you (I promise! :)).

The calculator isn't on the iPad, no, either is the flashlight because the iPad doesn't have one. You'll definitely find some good alternatives for them though.

5. addictzz thread starter macrumors 6502

I can check one by one what are the apps which are not available in ipad by comparing it with iphone. I just want to know those that I am not aware of.

From my own list:
    -instagram
    -bbm
    -whatsapp
    -line
    -calculator
    -flashlight
    -foursquare

Majority are social media apps. Some apps' description said that they can be installed for iPad but I believe they are not native for iPad.