Apps being downloaded without my permission

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by butterfly1981, Nov 20, 2013.

1. butterfly1981 macrumors newbie

During the 5-year Apple app store anniversary, I downloaded a ton of apps that were temporarily free, without much thought.

Since then, apps have been downloading onto my iPhone without my permission. Each time I delete some, new ones appear by the next day. They fill up every available app slot on every available page of apps--filling my phone to capacity, and bloating my phone so much that is it running incredibly slow.

They have shown up within and outside of the Game Center. The latest ones seem unrelated: "Run a 3K" by Red Rock apps, "Rolling Hero" by chillingo, "Abs Workout" by Weedo, "iGifter", "Bird Word" by Social Gaming Network, "myInstantCoach", etc. It goes on and on; I've never heard of any of them.

I did not knowingly ever give permission to have apps downloaded without my permission, but I assume some app got it from me during that 5-year app store deal. (Thanks, Apple.) I have no idea how to find the offender which is causing all this, and my phone is out of warranty so I can't call Apple.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is your Apple ID perhaps set up on another iOS device somewhere where someone might be downloading apps, which then get synched and downloaded to other devices that use the same Apple ID (like your phone)?

3. butterfly1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for responding.

No, my Apple Id has only ever been used by myself, on devices that only I use. I've never hooked to a shared system with multiple Apple ids, and no one has access to my iOS devices.

I'm sorry; I forgot to put that in my original post. (I read similar suggestions when I started researching this.)

Any other thoughts? Please keep them coming! :)

4. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Personally I would change my Apple ID password and deauthorize all the computers & devices associated with that account.

5. Subscribe. macrumors newbie

Apps downloading without permission

I'm having the same problem -- sometimes as many as six apps a day, all junk. Is there no way to toggle a permission-required filter and block all unwanted apps?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't share your Apple ID and change your password just to make sure. Seems like that should do the trick.

7. $M.H$ macrumors member

Someone is using your Apple ID on another iOS device {but you don't know how's !}
    So change your password and don't share you Apple ID every where !
    :D

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'd concur with changing your password.

Do you plug into iTunes to sync at all? Perhaps each time you do, the apps saved on your computer get flushed back onto your device.

Also, check this page in settings and toggle the "apps" off.

Attached Files: