apps bought for an Ipod touch, work on a Ipone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fee, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Fee macrumors newbie

(Sorry that should be Iphone in the topic)

Hello all! 1st time poster here, but a long time lurker! Great forums.

I have a question thou. I have 2G ipod touch and i had for a few months now. I love it. Im thinking about getting an Iphone, my contract with my cell phone service right now is about to expire and I want to get an iPhone. I am wondering will the apps I bought for my ipod touch can be installed onto my iphone? Do i have Transfer them, delete them off my ipod touch, or buy them again for my iphone? Thanks for your help.

2. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Good news: you don't have to re-buy anything. Once you set up your iPhone with your iTunes account, just download the apps you want from the App Store (either on your phone or on your computer). You'll get a notice informing you that the the download is free since you already purchased the app.

3. Fee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! thats good to hear :)

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yup, I have a total of 4 devices (iPhone's/iPod Touch's) that I share all of my Apps between, free or bought once... I'm happy it's this way otherwise I would not buy apps.

5. Fee thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, that is very good, if you have a family with kids/teenagers got ipod touches and they all want the same games.