Apps bought in app store, installing on tiger

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DWilly92, May 25, 2011.

1. DWilly92 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I recently got my hands on an iMac G3/500 and need to install Keynote on it. It meets the minimum system requirements and is running OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger). I had bought Keynote through the App store on a 10.6 machine (not mine), but seeing as the G3/500 is PPC, I can't upgrade to 10.6, so I can't access the App store. I don't have the budget to spend money on a new mac, or a used one that is upgradable to 10.6, bceause in my area, they're going for $500+...used.

I realize this wouldn't be an issue if I had purchased the iWork suite and had it shipped to me, but considering I would only be using Keynote, $20 vs $79.99 is a big difference.

My question is, is there a way to get the Keynote that I bought in the app store onto my G3?

Thanks for any help in advance,
    DWilly92

2. GGJstudios, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No. As 10.6.6 is the minimum requirement to access the App Store, developers have no motivation to support older versions of the OS through apps sold there.

http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

3. DWilly92 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not an issue of the developers supporting the apps as the minimum OS for Keynote is "Mac OS X 10.2 or later", my issue is that I've bought it but through the app store which you cannot get pre-10.6.6.

4. simsaladimbamba

It requires at least 10.4.11 and a G4 CPU: http://www.apple.com/iwork/systemrequirements.html

But to try, you could just copy the already downloaded Keynote app to the older Mac.

5. DWilly92 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

This most likely won't work as the DRM is pretty much built into 10.6.6 for most app store apps.