Apps Bouncing in dock and Not Opening.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SHIVERINGGOAT, Sep 7, 2009.

1. SHIVERINGGOAT macrumors member

SHIVERINGGOAT

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I have a problem with my MacBook with applications 'bouncing' in the dock and not opening. I took the macbook into the genius store and they said it wasn't a permissions issue they thought it was some 3rd party programme I have loaded.
    I have loaded Snow Leopard onto both my iMac and Macbook, the same apps work fine on the iMac but on my MacBook i am having to reinstall nearly all my apps to get them to work.The problem started a few weeks ago with leopard and I was hoping that with Snow Leopard it would sort it but as I used Time Machine to import all my data after upgrading I seem to have brought the problem into Snow Leopard.

The only thing I have done around the time this started happening that I can think of is that I downloaded one of those programmes that help free up space on the mac by deleting all unnecessary languages (I just need British English) - does anyone know if this could be the source of the problem? could taking languages off interfere with so many apps?
    Any other suggestions would be really helpful.
    Many Thanks Shaun

2. robots199 macrumors newbie

Try Loading all of the applications back on.
    Use your Applications CD to load all of the apps back on.
    If it doesnt work, the only other way to fix this is to re-do the snow leopard install. Back up with time machine or carbon copy cloner (free) and do an archived install.
    If it doesnt work, PM me