Apps constantly crashing upon launch

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by venividivigor, May 8, 2016.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

This is a bug that seems to periodically happen to me at the most inconvenient time, and it's when apps just won't open when launched, even when I haven't touched the app in a week.

This seems to be a bug with iOS's auto updates, from what I noticed, it happens when apps have recently downloaded the update but hasn't installed yet.

Quite an annoying bug, because it needs a restart. And I hate restarting my device. It does sometimes fixes on its own, but that takes awhile. Just saying.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by an app update that was downloaded but not installed yet?

3. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

Have you tried a hard reset. I read that before somewhere that it was happening with more people. See also this recent forum post. They resolved the problem with a hard reset.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

I may have seen this a few times. I deleted the app and reinstalled it--fixed the problem.

5. shankar2 macrumors 6502

This happened to me today apps like linkedin crashing upon launch

It's an ios bug Apple knows already many apps being affected

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Yeh getting the same here, randomly at some point (not sure of exactly how to reproduce) certain apps will just close instantly upon opening. A simple restart of the phone fixes it for me for a few days.

7. von franklin macrumors regular

von franklin