apps constantly quitting since installation of leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SimonBook, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SimonBook macrumors member

SimonBook

since i installed leopard on my MBP, skype quits about 80% of the time when i hang up a call. now and then safari quits as well.

also, my girlfriend seems to have even greater problems with her MB. every time she tries to print out of an microsoft office app, it quits. she also has problems with skype, safari and firefox.

is there anything i can do about that?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you do an upgrade? It might be better to do an archive & install, and manually reinstall your third party apps.

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I'm experiencing the same thing on my work-issued MacBook Pro which I upgraded to Leopard -- Mail, iCal, FireFox, you name it, stuff just randomly crashes on me. My other machines are rock solid. I'm thinking about doing an archive and install but I'm worried about work-supplied software that I have to have, like Adobe CS2 and Lotus Notes...I simply can't afford to break these and I don't have time to pester the IT department to get them reinstalled if I screw things up.

Is there any way to know for sure if CS2 and Lotus Notes will be affected by an Archive and Install?

4. duffsrp macrumors member

I'm having the same problem with Mail. But only after doing a clean install of the OS. It was working fine when I upgraded it. I've even cracked out the install disks and tried installing it again. No luck. Any suggestions would be great. Genius Bar queue is too long.

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

This is why I painfully went back to Tiger which was/is rock solid. My Leopard had issues w. certain MS Word actions, Quickbooks, Safari/Firefox, wireless printing, mail.... The list got longer every day so I bit the bullet and archive/installed Tiger. Much better after spending another day locating app.'s doc's and mail imports to get it up to date from leopard fiasco. I think they rushed system release to meet steve-o's deadline.