apps crash

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
How is your printer connected to your machine and do you have the latest drivers for it? If you change the default printer to something else in Printer Setup Utility, does it still crash? :)

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
mad jew said:
How is your printer connected to your machine and do you have the latest drivers for it? If you change the default printer to something else in Printer Setup Utility, does it still crash? :)
its connected wirelessly through my home network. when i plug it in with a cable with my other printer i dont remember it crashing.

usually it will crash but when i try it again it will work which is making me confused

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Are you using an AirPort or a different brand of router? Is it connected to the router via ethernet or USB? What brand and model or printer is it? :)

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
mad jew said:
Are you using an AirPort or a different brand of router? Is it connected to the router via ethernet or USB? What brand and model or printer is it? :)

im using a netgear router i believe with the printer being a HP 970cxi. The printer is connected to an emac and I have "share printers" on in the emacs preferences. The emac in turn is connected to the router which is wirelessly connected to my macbook

thanks for the help mad jew!

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
haha yea i guess the latest driver was listed under another hp printer which i thought was wierd. owell now they both have the same versions. ill see if it works

once again thanks man