iPhone Apps crashing after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mstruve, Mar 5, 2014.

1. mstruve macrumors regular

Hi

I have recently jailbroken my phone using Evasion on iOS 7.0.4. I have a few tweaks installed and it has been fine for a couple of weeks, but recently a few apps have started crashing on launch. The apps causing problems are Facebook, Photos and Camera (there might also be others that I haven't tried opening).

The packages I have installed are:

Activator
    biteSMS
    CleverPin
    CyDelete7
    Icon Renamer
    IntelliscreenX
    Plugication
    Springtomise 3

Anyone know what might be causing this? I have a feeling it might be Springtomise, but I've spent ages tweaking it and don't really want to uninstall it just to check.

Thanks.

2. cyber16 macrumors 6502

This is enough reason just to start over and get on ios 7.0.6
    The SSL flaw is of high risk.
    Then add one tweak at a time to help figure out which one is the problem

3. mstruve thread starter macrumors regular

High risk of what? Is it really worth going through the whole restore and rejailbreak process for?

I've actually found that a hard reset seems to have fixed my issues for now, too.

4. mstruve thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It looks like the attacker would have to be on the same wireless network though, is that right?

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You're the one who posted that you had apps crashing. That alone should be enough to cause you to want to restore fresh while you still can (soon Apple will release an OS that can't be JB and you'll be screwed).

Yet you ask if having a bug that allows people to steal your data is enough to be worth the "hassle" of restoring and jailbreaking? LOL. Priorities are funny...

6. cyber16 macrumors 6502

In the time that has lapsed once the OP received the first reply, he/she could have been restored/updated to 7.0.6 :confused:

7. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

No, a man in the middle attack just has to be between you and a server. It is more easy to be on the same wifi network, but it is doable remotely.

8. mstruve thread starter macrumors regular

Meh, my data isn't that valuable. How much is data anyway, like £1 a kilo? If someone steals it I'll just buy some more.

Thanks for your help though, I might update and restore at the weekend if I can be bothered...

----------

I have achieved so much more in that time, I doubt you could even comprehend...

----------

Ok ta, sounds like I should update while I still can. Thanks for your help.

9. cyber16 macrumors 6502

You may not think you have data on your phone worth stealing, but keep in mind this flaw can be used just like a keystroke logger.

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Wow. What a jerk response. Not your cellular data, your personal data (credit card number and identity). If you don't want help don't ask for it next time!!!

11. z06gal, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

z06gal macrumors 6502

I am only having this issue with iMessages. I have restored, reset all settings, removed all tweaks, etc and nothing helps. I can use WhatsApp and AIM without issue but was curious if anyone else has experienced this? I have thought about deleting the plist to see if that helps. Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this ;)

I can text by opening contacts and am having no issues receiving texts. Clicking on the icon may or may not work. Interesting