Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 30, 2003
Recently (post iPadOS 17.4?), a few times now, trying to open a specific app resulted in the app “window” scaling/zooming up as usual but only a blank white canvas appearing which then within less than a second slides back down. Two times, only one app appeared to be affected, another time, on my iPhone, several apps exhibited this behaviour. In total about five different apps showed this behaviour.

Restarting the device does not help and the situation eventually resolves itself, sometimes only half an hour later, sometimes several hours later. It seems a change in the network connection is what eventually fixes it. If I cut off network access, I get the following error message when launching the affected app:

Unable to Verify App
A connection to the App Store is required for the first launch of "Mactracker" on this iPad. Please connect to the internet and try again.

However, this isn‘t the first time I launched this app, as far as I can tell, not even the first time after the app was last updated. And I was connected to the internet. What solved the problem as well, the one time I tried it, was to delete the app and re-download it.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.png
    IMG_2880.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2881.png
    IMG_2881.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2882.png
    IMG_2882.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2883.png
    IMG_2883.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2885.png
    IMG_2885.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2886.png
    IMG_2886.png
    920 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

manu chao

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 30, 2003
For what it is worth, this just happened again with iPadOS 17.5.1. And as once previously, the Numbers app is affected (ie, currently non-functional).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.