Apps crashing on iOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rsrchr123, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Rsrchr123 macrumors regular

I just wondered how many people were experiencing situations where apps that had previously worked on the OS's prior to 4 do not work now. Many are games from mainstream developers, one was a language app, but none work now and there are no updates available to fix them.

I have done every software update released since I got my 3G and never once had apps that would not work thereafter. I consider downloading the new OS to be one of the biggest tech mistakes I've made, as it has rendered a decent number of apps to be inoperable. Some warning that apps might not function would have been acceptable. When MS released Vista (yes, it sucks, I know, don't go there), but at least there were tons of reviews that said that some older software might not work, hence why I did not upgrade from XP.

What are they doing?????

2. cperchard macrumors 6502a

i had a couple of games that worked on my ipod touch that crashed on the iphone 4......but i just deleted it and reinstalled it and seemed to work fine after that. Strange tho.

3. superspartan macrumors member

I've had quite a few crashes on my 3GS. It seems quite random, but rebooting usually helps. I love the new features of IOS4, but it's definitely less stable than 3.x. I also notice a bit more lag after a while. I can only imagine how (poorly) the 3G performs.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Words with friends keeps crashing on me, but I'm just using my 3G for it until they update.

5. Rsrchr123 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I've tried the rebooting but to no avail. Extremely disappointed and frustrated. Mine does lag more than it did before. As far as I'm concerned, the update might as well have ruined my phone. I was thinking about getting a 3GS but I may wait til the Samsung Galaxy S comes out, likely within a few weeks, and just be done with this. Very disappointed.

6. Stein357 macrumors 6502

7. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

i had ap mobile and a few others crash. I think i even had an apple app crash on me.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Developers need to "get on the stick" and resubmit iOS4 tested/compatible Apps. There is nothing Apple can do since it's 3ed part Apps are....well 3ed party.

9. Rsrchr123 thread starter macrumors regular

I couldn't agree more but I just wish we'd all had some idea that their might be issues with apps working on the new OS, which in my experience, had not happened on prior upgrades.

10. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The AP mobile app kept crashing but i see it has been removed from the app store. So hopefully this means they are fixing it.

11. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I sent them an email and they said they are working on it.

12. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had a few crashes, no big deal. In one case where a reboot did not help I just deleted the app and downloaded it again. Worked fine then!

13. Rsrchr123 thread starter macrumors regular

How do you email the app developer? I've not had to do that yet but I need to.

14. Rsrchr123 thread starter macrumors regular

My best language app was removed from the store, and I wasn't sure if they had just taken it down for some reason or if they were working to fix it. Hoping it's the latter!

15. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

FoxNews.app is giving me fits by not working.