Apps crashing when on launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pheev, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheev macrumors newbie

Some 3rd party apps are crashing after 1-3 seconds when i launch them. I have tried different versions and they should have iOS4 supported. It happens to specific apps no matter what version i have on them (Camera+, Bejeweled, Fruit Ninja). Help me to fix this please :(

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Sounds to me like maybe a restore is in order?

3. pheev thread starter macrumors newbie

Isnt there any other option? Its only some apps what are crashing so i dont think full restore should be done.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Have to ask-- have you tried a resetting your phone?

5. pheev thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

If ANY apps are crashing at launch something is seriously wrong with the phone. My guess is the file system has been trashed. There's no magic that can fix that so yes, a restore definitely sounds in order.

7. pheev thread starter macrumors newbie

If i restore my jailbroken iPhone do i lose all the apps what arent bought with my iTunes account? Also do i lose my Lockinfo configs and stuff like that?

8. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You don't need to restore, just yet.

First, try an deauthorize and authorize computer in iTunes. See if that fixes it.

If not, install a free app. See if the other apps work now.

If not, delete one of the apps that is problematic. Try deleting all of them too. Reinstall an app and see if it works.

If none of this works, then restore.

10. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

The OP is installing self-aware cracked apps on his iPhone 4. Notice how he plays it off like he didn't get them off Installous. He can try the "different versions" because apptr****r allows you to choose different mirrors and versions of illegally cracked apps to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.