Apps crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by R6Seven, Jul 23, 2008.

1. R6Seven macrumors member

Is anyone having issues with their 3rd party apps crashing after syncing the iPhone 3G with their computers? Specifically, I have the old iMac G5 (just before Intel).

After syncing, applications that were working fine stop working. When I touch the icon to open them, they open up a blank window and then turn off. This has happened to me twice already and each time, I had to reinstall the apps.

It's also made my phone restart suddenly once.

Any known solutions?

2. Namikaze macrumors member

yea this is also happening to me too, the apps work fine till I sync then the apps would crash everytime I tried to open them, I delete the apps redownload and it'll work just fine untill I sync again then apps crash

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

this problem has been solved many times many ways

i recommend a hard reset

4. Namikaze macrumors member

hard reset like holding the sleep/wake &home button for 10 seconds? Tried that and apps still crash
    *note the apps crashing are from the apple App store, I'm running a jailbroken & unlocked 2.0

5. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

that's a soft reset.

a hard reset is the equivalent of restore.

...i have this problem too and a soft reset usually solves it.

6. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

It's happened to me with at least 2 apps. I had to go back and change my feedback to something more positive once I saw it was the iPhone and not the app (I gave the app developers the benefit of the doubt). Restarting the iPhone has so far worked in making them functional again; reinstalling wasn't necessary.

7. firewood macrumors 604

Do all your App Store apps start crashing back to the home page, or just some of them? Do they all start working again after a soft reset?

8. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Not all of them. But I installed them in different ways, sometimes from iTunes, sometime sthrough the iPhone. It actually seemed like it happened with those I got through the iPhone, then transferred to iTunes. This happened with three of them actually, the third being Remote.

9. ethen macrumors regular

I'm not sure its the individual apps causing the crash or the apple's os itself. But many of my apps crashed when it uses location services

10. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I play with the apps all day and have several crashes a day it seems

AIM crashes a few times a week
    Cube Racer or Texas Hold'em do a few times
    CrashBandit has twice

And some others

Happens to friends of mine too so I know it isnt just me

11. Namikaze macrumors member

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My EDGE phone crashes a good bit thanks to apps. Sometimes it just goes back to the home screen. Other times it resets the phone. A little (lot) annoying, but kinda expected considering all the circumstances. New OS version, very little time to develop apps, completely new platform, hard to beta test without anybody having the 2.0 firmware, etc. etc.

I've heard Apple is working on it. The developers seem to be as well since I have had quite a few updates (thank you, Facebook!).

13. R6Seven thread starter macrumors member

solution! - at least for my phone

hi all,

i am no longer having any crashes. i did a restore and didn't use the backed up file (it was corrupted anyways). then i went to my stored applications in the itunes library and deleted them all.

basically, i started from scratch and installed the apps again. everything is good! i can sync, delete stuff from the phone, sync again, download new apps, sync, so on, and absolutely no crashes.

i hope you guys are able to solve those problems. try it out.

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Right. Have had that happen to on Edge as it will automatically restart

Happened playing Texas Hold'em yesterday

15. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I had this issue, and decided to check if it was all apps or just the ones that were already installed, so i installed a new app. Not only did that one work, but all the existing ones started working too. I have absolutely no clue why but it was a quick n dirty on the go solution.

I restored it last night just to be safe, so far so good...

I really hope they patch this soon.