Apps disappearing after sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drewc1138, Jul 16, 2010.

1. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

I've been running into problems where some (not all) apps disappear from my iPhone after syncing.

Yesterday, I downloaded 3 apps...the Bloomberg app, the new Star Wars game, and a local tv station's app. After syncing, the Bloomberg and tv station app were still there, but the Star Wars game was gone, and I had to redownload, which caused me to lose my progress (only one level, so not a huge deal).

Also, I've downloaded the speedtest.net app repeatedly, and it's disappeared every time I sync.

Anyone have an answer as to why some apps disappear and some apps don't...and how to make it stop happening?

2. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

iTunes asks you whether or not you want to transfer purchases made on your phone to your itunes library. If you click no it will erase them off the phone.

3. drewc1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

But some apps stick and some apps don't.

4. Sboxer macrumors newbie

I'm having same problem as OP, and I did transfer purchases from phone to itunes library. In fact, those apps are still in my Itunes library but just disappeared from the phone. Very weird bug.

5. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

6. coasterider macrumors regular

I have this problem too. Very annoying. I download an app on the phone, then when I connect and it syncs for the first time it decides to take it off. Its most annoying because its random.

7. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Yeah I was having the same annoying problem so I just took off app syncing.