Apps do not work after 3.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Opodomus, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Opodomus macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My wife's iPhone apps have stopped working after the 3.1 update. Whenever you open a NON Apple app, the splash screen for that app appears for about half a second and then the phone returns to the regular app launcher screen where you left off. The phone does not freeze or crash. I can select any app and the same thing happens repeatedly.

Phone, Safari, iPod, App Store, and all other default apps work perfectly.

A bit of Googling told me that apparently a full reset of the software NOT from backup fixes this. Would that mean my wife would have to re-enter her nearly 1000 contacts, notes, calendar events, etc? Is there another fix?

We have never jailbroken or otherwise hacked her iPhone.

Thank you in advance!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Are her "nearly 1000 contacts, notes, calendar events, etc" synced with their desktop program equivalents. If so, no problem. I'd connect her iPhone, control click on the phone icon in iTunes, and select create backup (or whatever the backup choice is). Then on the summary screen, do a wipe and restore. Should save all that stuff.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Try these solutions first:

1. Download a free app from the app store. See if that fixes it. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't

2. Deauthorize the computer used on the iTunes acct. to buy the apps, then reauthorize it. Try the apps again.

3. Delete the apps in iTunes, sync and say "no" to transferring the apps back from the phone. This will wipe the apps off the phone. Reinstall each app.

4. Opodomus thread starter macrumors newbie

I backed up the phone and restored it using itunes and all the same issues still exist. Also, apparently the backup that itunes makes doesn't save your apps, so all her apps are gone. Downloaded new ones still exhibit the same behavior. At least her contacts, notes, and calendar events are still present even though she lost all her emails and text messages...