Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shevi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Maryland
I posted here about issues I was having with my iPhone. So yesterday evening I had an appointment with a "Genius" who swapped the phone for another. I went home and synced the new phone. My music and photos went onto the new phone, but the applications would not sync (and yes, syncing applications was checked in iTunes and I was able to see my applications there). So I spent an hour or so re-downloading apps. Each one said I'd already downloaded, and asked if I wanted to download again. I said yes, and they're all there. But when I click on them, I get a screen flash and then get back to the main screen. The only things that work are the phone part, mail, and safari (sometimes). Looks like I'll have to go to the Apple Store for the 4th time in the one week I've had the phone. :( Anyone have any ideas??

jwelsch

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Apps Not Working

I am having the same issue. I've tried 2 apps so far and get the same thing. Please post what the resolution was..

I posted here about issues I was having with my iPhone. So yesterday evening I had an appointment with a "Genius" who swapped the phone for another. I went home and synced the new phone. My music and photos went onto the new phone, but the applications would not sync (and yes, syncing applications was checked in iTunes and I was able to see my applications there). So I spent an hour or so re-downloading apps. Each one said I'd already downloaded, and asked if I wanted to download again. I said yes, and they're all there. But when I click on them, I get a screen flash and then get back to the main screen. The only things that work are the phone part, mail, and safari (sometimes). Looks like I'll have to go to the Apple Store for the 4th time in the one week I've had the phone. :( Anyone have any ideas??

shevi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Maryland
I am having the same issue. I've tried 2 apps so far and get the same thing. Please post what the resolution was..

Will do. I have a 4:30 genius appointment this afternoon, so hopefully it'll finally get resolved and I'll have a working phone!

jwelsch

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Fix

Found this on the apple support forums and it fixed the issue for me..

@ Remove all apps from iTunes
@ Remove all apps from iPhone
@ Reauthorize iTunes
@ Login to iTunes Store
@ Click on your user name on the upper right
@ Click 'Sign out' on pop-up window
@ Close iTunes
@ Open iTunes
@ Log in to iTunes Store
@ Buy a few free apps
@ Synch these apps to the iPhone
@ Should be working!

shevi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Maryland
What worked for me (with the help from the Apple genius): Deauthorize my computer from my itunes account. Then reauthorize it. Then sync. It worked. For some reason the iPhone thought my computer wasn't authorized to have the apps I downloaded (and the funny thing is that they're all free, so it wouldn't really matter anyway). That's why they'd start to open and then would realize that I shouldn't be opening the app and then would close the app. But reauthorization helped everything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.