Apps don't auto update on WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Aug 16, 2017.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68010

I have enabled auto updates on my iPhone 7+ for WiFi, however I have notifications of numerous updates but then when I come home, it connects to my WiFi, they never update. I still have to press the "update all" to get them all updated.

I thought the point was they would just auto update workout me having to press this?

[​IMG]

2. ray737 macrumors 6502

Same thing happens to mine. It used to work no problem last year. Seems like the past few months I am having to always press to update manually.

3. lancastor macrumors 6502a

4. michael9891 macrumors 6502a

Same here on my iPhone & iPad. I'll go into the App Store and find I have up to 20 updates waiting for me. On the latest iOS and it's been like this for months now.

5. Coco Nuts macrumors newbie

Coco Nuts

I think it only updates when the charger is connected.

6. ATC macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue - iPhone 7 on wifi and plugged in. Go into the App Store and there are half a dozen apps with an update available. Clicking Update All started the update process. This happens every time.

7. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Same here also. As far as I can tell my apps never auto update. I don't go in the app store very often and when I do I find I have loads of apps waiting for updates!

8. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

On my iPhone 5S, I have to click "update all", then wriggle the screen around with my finger, because if the screen times out, everything stops updating.