Apps dont sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by strausd, Jul 12, 2008.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

Im wondering if this is a problem for everyone or just me. Whenever I download an app from my iPod and then sync to my iTunes, the app isnt copied over to my iTunes like it would be if I were to buy a song from my iPod. Is that the same for everyone or just me?

2. sharp65 macrumors 6502

When your ipod is connected go over to the applications tab on the ipod and make sure it's set to sync all apps.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

4. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

That's happening to me as well. It worked for the first few apps I downloaded, but stopped working somewhere along the way. I have a feeling it's a bug in iTunes or something.

For now, you can right click your iPod and select Transfer Purchases and they'll copy over. But you'll have to do that each time you add a new app for the time being.

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

well i dont download many apps from my iPod so that will work. thanks:D

6. gjsherwood macrumors newbie

I had this same problem and it seems if I disconnect the touch, close iTunes and then start again it will sync the new app. Definitely some sort of bug.

George

7. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

and does it always have to back up your iPod after every new app? cause that takes forever

8. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I kept getting the error for several apps that "App not found in folder ... " or something when it was downloaded to the default ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile\ Applications/

The bug seems to be that there is an application name that is supposed to be in line with the .ipa file name -- I had to change several of the names to what iTunes was trying to look for. For instance, I changed "Google Mobile App.ipa" to "Google.ipa" in order to get it to work. The dialog box that iTunes shows that tells you certain apps can't transfer -- that's where to get the name hints.

(I realize this is a poor explanation -- sorry.)

9. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Oh, and I pressed the 'x' next to back up to stop it, and it hasn't re-tried since then.