Apps downloaded to Blank Home screen

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Bbafett, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Bbafett macrumors regular

Something that has been bugging me for last 4 or five months after getting iphone 5 is where it puts downloaded apps. Why is that when I have space available on first and only home screen, and I download an app of any kind through Appstore or Cydia it always places it on blank home screen. It doesn't make sense as it should put it in the first available slot on home screen which would put it on the first page. Sometimes I download something and forget about it b/c it goes to second page. Then I have to drag it over to the first page and put it where I want it. Not a huge deal but more of an inconvenience. Does it do this for everyone and what could I do to fix it?

2. errant macrumors member

errant

Wish mine did that. I have to go hunting for whatever app I just downloaded in a formerly empty space so I can move it to the page/folder I want it on.

3. Bbafett thread starter macrumors regular

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

1. Restore as new. 2. Don't jailbreak.

5. Bbafett thread starter macrumors regular

Not helpful as if you read I say it has been happening since getting the iphone 5 4 or 5 months ago. This was way before the jailbreak. Phone had been restored as new a couple months ago. Problem still exists.

6. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

I have the same problem since the start... And I have recently restored a few too... Also has been restored as new twice...

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Did you restore from a backup? Do you have any folder enhancement cydia tweaks?
    I feel it has something to do with your IconState.plist or IconSupportState.plist

8. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

I have done both... Set up as a new iphone once or twice and restored from back up too a couple of times... But doesn't seem to solve it... And nope... no folder enhancement tweaks.. Though I have newstand hidden... Also it used to be the same even when I wasn't jailbroken...