Apps Exclusive to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by schaffinosx, Aug 7, 2012.

1. schaffinosx macrumors member

This may be a ridiculous question with an obvious answer, but I was just reading MacRumor's article on the taller iPhone display and noticed several applications on the screen that I would be interested in getting.

Naturally, I typed them into the App Store to see if I could find them. No luck. The apps I'm referring to are the Touch Arcade and Apple App, and I'm also wondering why the Twitter icon appears differently on that screen than the most recent version of Twitter on my iPhone. Are these iOS 6 exclusive apps or am I simply not finding them?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's just an iOS Simulator built into Xcode, not a real iPhone screenshot.. They're webclips, not real apps.

3. schaffinosx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the clarification.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Some of those have apps in the App Store. There's a Twitter app, Pinterest app, Facebook app, Touch Arcade app, Fandango app, etc, except these ones are all home screen bookmarks of the websites because the simulator can only run web clips and has no App Store access.

5. schaffinosx thread starter macrumors member

I honestly never knew there was such a feature as home screen bookmarking. After two years of having an iPhone it would seem I still haven't learned all its features. Thanks for that.