Apps for iOS 6 and under look different?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MacDude21, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MacDude21 macrumors regular

I've noticed if you launch an app that has not updated for iOS 7 it looks darker than iOS 6's normal theme. I like to call it iOS 6-7 theme because it's a blend of them. But the question is, why? Why make it darker and stuff instead of leaving it how it is?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Probably so it will annoy the hell out of you in the hopes you'll upgrade to 7 and Apple can claim another victim err I mean another satisfied user to the growing ranks of iOS 7 users.

3. MacDude21 thread starter macrumors regular

Umm, I'm on iOS 7. Try downloading MyScript calculator while on iOS 7. It hasn't been updated to iOS 7 yet looks different. The blue stuff is darker and the buttons are a bit different.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Probably just how some things are compatible in iOS 7. Nothing changed in the app but the way iOS 7 handles those pre-iOS 7 things can be slightly different resulting in what you see.

5. MacDude21 thread starter macrumors regular

6. W01 macrumors newbie

can't developers choose whatever colour they want?

7. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

The developer has designed the app to look like that. If the app hasn't been complied with the iOS 7 SDK it appears exactly the same in iOS 7 as it does in iOS 6. Except for the status bar of course

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Wow looking at those iOS 6 screenshots reminds me how stale and awful it looked by 2011.

9. Tozovac macrumors 6502a

Tozovac

It's making me miss what a proper UI experience should be - full of intuitive prompts and not some boring flat white-out. :(