Apps for IPone transfered to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by pollster25, May 5, 2010.

1. pollster25 macrumors newbie

How do you transfer IPhone apps that show they can be used on Ipad - Apps on IPhone show I have paid for them - same App on Ipad does not show I have paid . Yet Ipad app says this app works on both IPhone and Ipad.

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

In itunes when you hook up your ipad you just go to the apps tab and select the apps you want to transfer over.

If the apps are not yet in itunes because you purchased them directly on your iphone you can either transfer them from your iphone to itunes and then sync them to your ipad. Or you can redownload them.

3. pollster25 thread starter macrumors newbie

transfering apps from IPhone to Ipad

In itunes when you hook up your ipad you just go to the apps tab and select the apps you want to transfer over.

If the apps are not yet in itunes because you purchased them directly on your iphone you can either transfer them from your iphone to itunes and then sync them to your ipad. Or you can redownload them.

Thanks for Help

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

5. Macdicted macrumors regular

iPhone apps look like crap .......

Just my .02

6. pooryou macrumors 65816

pooryou

Some look better than others. Space Invaders Infinity looks great.

7. steveapp macrumors member

transfer of purchased apps

If i have games on my iPhone that I paid for, that have been updated to be iPad compatible (or not for that matter) how does it work ? am I allowed to install them on the iPad freely or do i have to re-purchase them, or make the choice of if i want them on the iPad OR iPhone

I plan to use the same iTunes account on my iPad when it actually arrives and if it behaves the same as on the iPhone, if i click to download an app that I have previously purchased but deleted it says you have already purchased this, the download is free. You only know that after you've clicked, not before :)

I guess im wondering if the purchase licence is with the device, the account, or variable depending on the app.

Cheers

S

8. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Any iPhone Apps you have can be used concurrently on both devices at no additional cost to you. Many iPhone Apps have been made "Universal Apps" resized for the iPad screen and available to upgrade at no additional cost. These will show up in iTunes in a separate category from "iPhone Apps, iTouch Apps", or iPad Apps. Your iPad will show up in itunes right below your iphone in the sidebar & you will have access to all of Apps in your iTunes account. To sum it up you will now have 3 separate categories listed in the Apps section of itunes: At the top: "IPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Apps" in the middle: "iPhone and iPod touch Apps", and at the bottom "iPad Apps". iPhones can access any of the top two categories, iPad Apps will not show up in iTunes on your iPhone as a Sync choice. iPads can access all three categories of Apps and all three will show up in itunes on your iPad's Sync screen.

9. steveapp macrumors member

Hey

Thanks, thats great news - don't mind re-buying the odd app but this makes things even better :)

Just have to wait and hope it arrives on the 28th as promised now

Cheers

S

10. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Anyone know how in app purchases work? If I in app purchase on my iPhone then will it transfer too my iPad with the purchase or do I have to purchase it again?