iPad Pro Apps for learning how to draw?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sofakng, Dec 16, 2015.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

Are there any good applications to help an adult learn how to draw using the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil?

2. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

No, there aren't. And there probably won't be. Drawing isn't something you really "learn", it's something you just need to practice. If you want to learn about color theory, perspective, or techniques for drawing the human figure or something more specific like that just go to Amazon and look for some books on the subject.

As far as digital painting techniques, just search around youtube and there are countless video tutorials for anything you could imagine.

3. davideotape macrumors 6502

I want one too. Nausicaa i dont understand what you mean, all learning takes practice, right? And then after you said it couldnt be learned you provided a list of things that could be learned through amazon books so theres some dissonance there. Techniques, perspective drawing seems to be able to be learned and the ipad and pencil seem ideal to help teach in real time.

Right now im just putting photos in a lower layer in drawing programs but i feel like there is an opportunity for animated brush styles and perspective to work the same way

4. majestice macrumors member

Good app with step by step lessons that show you how to draw from basics (such as books or video tutorials now) and then make you practice each thing on overlaying layers, perhaps then making it harder by hiding guides until user can draw each thing without help would be so cool that I would go to buy iPad Pro immediately. So please let me know if there is such an app, especially made for iPad Pro with its pen.