Apps for Mac..can you share?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zipforia, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Zipforia macrumors member

With iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad apps, you can purchase the app and authorized 4 other computers (5 total computers, including yours) so that the apps can be used by others. Is this possible with Mac apps that's purchased from the App Store?

I want to purchase Facetime for Mac, but not sure if I can install it on my other Macs. Thanks in advance.

If this is possible, how would you do it?

Z.

2. GamerDad macrumors member

Im not sure, but I assume that the same rules apply. 5 authorized computers can download an app under one account. So, you could install it on 5 different computers, using the same iTunes account.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Just login to the Mac App Store with the same iTunes account (Apple ID) you use on the first computer and check your purchases; re-download from there.

4. Zipforia thread starter macrumors member

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, it's better. There isn't a set limit on the number of computers. Any computers you authorize with your Apple ID through the Mac App Store can use the apps you purchase.

jW

6. ufkdo macrumors 6502

As said above, there is no authorized computer limit. You can download/install them as many macs as you own. You should own those computers, otherwise it will be illegal (Mac App Store policy says so).

7. sboerup macrumors 6502

If there is no limit, then why does it ask me to purchase it again to download the apps? Is there a "download apps from account" feature I'm not seeing?

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yep. It's labelled "Purchases" in the title bar. From there you can redownload anything you've purchased.

jW