Apps for multimonitor enhancement?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by printz, Apr 11, 2013.

1. printz macrumors regular

What applications do you use to enhance the multi-monitor feel? I use MultiMon which is very buggy, and all it does is copy the menu bar to all monitors, but it's better than one menu bar on a single monitor. What else can I use?

2. plasticphyte macrumors 6502

Not strictly a multi-monitor app, but I use BetterSnapTool (from the App Store) to add in snap resizing when dragging to various parts of my screen. I use it in a triple monitor setup to make resizing apps to 50% of screen size (vertically) easy.

There is also SecondBar, which appears not to have been updated for a while, which will put a second menu bar on a monitor. It doesn't appear to support more than the Apple + second menu bar, and apparently has a few quirks/bugs.

A quick Google also found this resource with 30 or so apps:
    http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/utilities-roundups/30-apps-for-your-multiple-monitor-setup/

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...all I use is MenuEverywhere to get a menu bar on my second monitor and XMenu for some quick launch stuff. I had a couple really minor issues with Menu Everywhere when I initially got it a couple years back (was a macupdate promo) but the dev was pretty responsive and fixed the issues very quickly with updates...no problems since....oh yeah!