Apps for Mums!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Rondofan9, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rondofan9 macrumors member

I say we make a thread on Apps for moms!

This applies for me because my dad hates technology so we're using his upgrade to get my mom an iPhone 4 (not 4S) for $100!

1) Tetris
    2) Words w/ Friends
    3) Hanging w/ Friends
    4) Grocery Gadget
    5) iFitness (make sure this won't offend her though)
    6) ShopSavvy
    7) Weatherbug
    8) DinerDash
    9) CookBooks
    10) Loseit!

Try to name apps that people haven't said yet. It's better to have 1 app that hasn't been said than 9 apps that have!

Happy Holidays! (Screw it... I don't care what's "proper"... MERRY CHRISTMAS!)

2. dtjay7 macrumors regular

I already posted about it, but I use it all the time. My late teen children have a program called Jony Tracker and they can send me a quick little email and picture to let me know where they are. The email they send me has a location link that I open in Maps. I have always had them text or call when they get where they are going. Now, I get even more information. I have seven children between 15 and 28 so I spend a lot of time worrying about them.

Also, I use the kindle app all the time while I am waiting to pick them up, while I have a Kindle I find that most of my reading is on my iPhone.
    and, Solitaire.

3. imama macrumors newbie

My fitness apps

I like the RunKeeper - Professional application that became free. Also use "Instant Heart Rate by Azumio".

4. Rondofan9 thread starter macrumors member

Those sound incredible! Thanks for contributing, I myself will put these on my Moms iPhone this Christmas. Looks like I'm going to have to wake up at like 5AM -_-!

5. JenniferB80 macrumors newbie