Apps for owners of multiple iOS devices

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bretmartin, Apr 9, 2011.

1. bretmartin macrumors member

bretmartin

What apps would you recommend for an owner of multiple iOS devices (iPhone + iPad, iPod touch + iPad, etc.) to take advantage of the multiple devices?

In discussions here I've seen people wish for things like the ability to read/send SMS on an iPhone from their iPad. That's not currently possible, but what sort of things along these lines are currently available?

2. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

For notes, or anything else I want access to from any of my smartphones, tablets or laptops I really like Evernote. They have a free App in the appstore.

It's also important to note that the application downloads to your device as well so you have access to your notes if you don't have a web connection. That also applies to your computer.

I have Evernote as resident on everything. It's excellent and free.

http://goo.gl/3zPT

3. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Wunderlist it syncs between iOS dvices and OSX and Windows. It's a to do app. It's free too.

4. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Dropbox for sure. If DB ever went away, I think I'd give up computers and go back to index cards.

6. franmatt80, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I always try to get apps that can exist on my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro. And ideally, have a web app too so I really can access anything anywhere. The ones I have that do the job well so far are:

Evernote,
    Things,
    Docs to Go,
    Goodreader,
    Bento,
    Instapaper,
    LogMeIn,
    Notify

And then use amixture of MobileMe and Dropbox to keep everything in sync. Working well so far...

7. d00by macrumors member

1) 1password is a must have app. Dropbox syncing takes care of multiple iOS/PC devices.

2) Grocery gadget app to keep your shopping list in sync among your various iOS devices.

There is a free version which you can try.

3) Plain text is great as it works with dropbox. If you just want to edit/sync plain text files among your iOS and PC devices, plain text is worth a look. It's a free app.

4) Springpad - free GTD app. It uses google accounts so syncing takes care of itself

8. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I like simpletext...mac/pc/ios/web synching text note pad