apps for programmers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by soni2926, Jul 18, 2011.

1. soni2926 macrumors member

Hi,
    We just got an ipad in the office for the programmers here, we actually develop using .net, but will soon be trying ipad/iphone apps. Are there any apps someone can recommend that are helpful for programmers? So far we've only downloaded ibooks, for pdfs documents we can use, but aside from that having trouble locating some. doesn't have to be free :)

2. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

The only apps I've seen for programmers are mock-up apps. I don't know any names because I didn't bother downloading them. Also, do a search for "syntax highlight" (or syntax highlighting) in the App store. I just did it, and there are a few decent looking apps for writing code. They interface with DropBox or FTP to transfer code.

That's cool yall are trying out iOS programming. It's pretty dang fun man. Apple gave us a nice set of APIs.

3. soni2926 thread starter macrumors member

thanks, i'll start looking at the mockup apps, those should be helpful. we're all looking forward to trying out iOS programming!:D

4. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

You might wanna try out "Textastic".

Its a text editor for programmers. I'm not a programmer but it seems to highlight all the coding stuff with different colors and has different numbered lines that programmers use. Its difficult to explain since i'm not a programmer, sorry. :p

Here is the page if you wanna see it. http://www.textasticapp.com/

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

If you need a good app with syntax highlighting that syncs with Dropbox Textastic is a good one.