Apps for students?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by schuster88, Jan 15, 2013.

1. schuster88 macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering what apps do you use to keep up with your studies? I'm constantly battling with procrastination here.

2. Javik, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

Javik macrumors regular

The "Kill Facebook Bookmark" app and "Kill Steam shortcut" app.

Seriously that's all there is to it to killing procrastination and hyping up productivity. You can have all the task management apps and have read all the GTD manuals out there but you will have gone absoutely no where without realising that distractions, procrastionation, and productivty are all controlled by you!

The only apps you really need is a basic calendar/to-do app (the built in Apple reminders or calendar apps should do fine), although this really can be emulated in a text editor OR piece of paper!.

You would need maybe a text editor/wordprocessor. You could use Evernote or Notes.app for multiplatform editing on both iOS and Mac (but i do prefer Notes as the performance on iOS is MUCH faster than Evernote which is extremely cumbersome and unintuitive.)

Then for a wordprocessor you use either iWork or MS Office.

Their really isnt much to being productive. Just break through any distractions - and then decide on a set of apps to use and dont tinker!!! The tools we use today are infintely more advanced and capable than the tools used 20-50-100 years ago. So there is no excuse for procrastination

3. HectorBrower85 macrumors newbie

It's hard to control procrastination. It's not that easy as the previous poster said. Instead of GTD I'd recommend you take a look at the Pomodoro Technique, which basically is doing work for 25 minutes then resting for 5. That cycle is called 1 pomodoro. It's really simple but you can't imagine how well it works when you have things to do.

There are many apps for that, but like to turn off my phone completely when I have to study and stick to what I have to do.

For other things such as planning, organizing and making schedules I'd recommend you take a look at this list http://www.mawista.com/blog/en/top-6-iphone-apps-that-will-make-student-life-easier/. That's how I keep up with my homework and to do lists.

4. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

What if the student spends way too much time with the girlfriend? I shudder to think what you might suggest! :eek:

5. Chataupiano macrumors newbie

I agree with the posters. The answer to fighting procrastination is not in the apps you use, but in your willingness to get work done. But anyway, to keep up with your studies, the calendar, notes and clock apps work just fine. I've tried iStudiez, it seems to be more work than it's worth to try to program in all your information. Especially considering my study schedule changed as frequently as it did.

6. ShuffleShot macrumors newbie

I don't know about helping your studies, but when your on reading break you should try out app out! haha

7. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Quiz and Flashcard Maker

I am not sure it will help with procrastination but it will help you study anywhere on the go (allowing you to procrastinate more? Lol). Our new app “Quiz and Flashcard Maker” allows you to create an unlimited amount of multichoice quizzes/tests for any class/subject.

Right now we are having a new release sale or if you are really nice pm me I might have a few codes left =).