Apps For When Your iPad / iPad 2 is Docked

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jameslikeness, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jameslikeness macrumors member

jameslikeness

Do you guys have any tips on apps that you like to use when your iPad or iPad 2 is docked next to your computer? I made a little compilation of Chris Cunningham videos in portrait mode (cropped off the sides and used only the middle of the videos), and I play that on a loop sometimes when it's in the dock. It gets pretty repetitive though.

Any suggestions on apps I should check out that can make my iPad 2 do sweet stuff when it's docked in portrait mode next to my computer? Any cool HD scenic video apps or anything? Or maybe cool screensaver stuff?

2. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Weather HD is a start

3. ani23 macrumors 6502

Just FYI you don't HAVE to use it cos you have it. I use it as I need it even when docked next to my laptop.

4. iLucas macrumors 6502

You will probably like this App. I always have it going when my iPad 2 is docked next to my computer. It also wakes me up every morning.

5. jameslikeness thread starter macrumors member

jameslikeness

Nice, I'm really liking this one! I'm thinking about picking up the full version so I can get rid of that ad at the bottom and get more background videos. If you have the full version, how are the rest of the videos?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

TWIT.TV app of you're a fan of their podcasts.

7. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

FlipBoard also has a nice overview of your RSS feeds when you swipe back from the homescreen of the app. Perfect for docking.

8. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I use AirFrame, iQuarium, substrate, Flipboard, Weather +, and Nightstand Central. I'd like to find some better screen savers however.

AirFrame is great for displaying pictures from flickr. iQuarium is OK but you have to earn the stuff to put in the tank. Substrate is nice but gets old. Weather + and NightStand are nice clock/weather apps. Flipboard is OK but you get a giant Flipboard logo taking up the corner and the text is sometime hard to read.

I'd really like some sort of news/headlines/pictures slideshow which I can tap when something interesting comes up.